Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ambulance ride!


Well, Hopefully this is the last bit of "drama" for a while, but I still need prayer!
On this past Thursday, dad couldn't stand up for severe dizziness. He was having chills & sweats. He couldn't make it to the bathroom without literally falling over. After calls to doctors & no responses, I finally resolved to call the ambulance - 911. Sean took mom & the kids and I rode with dad in the ambulance to St. Francis. The best call I ever made. By the time they got here dad was flat on his back vomiting everywhere and pouring sweat like an open fire hydrant!
His fever soared over 103, and he threw up for the entire ambulance ride and several hours afterward. Now after an arduous hospital stay and lots of anxiety for all, we now know he had eccolli (sp?) in his bloodstream that had traveled from his bladder. He was septic and ever so sick.
Somewhere back at Monday's angiogram he picked up some "bad stuff" at the hospital. Go to the hospital to get sick!
There has been lots of schedule-juggling, mom-juggling, kid-juggling... and oh yes! the car broke down too if you can believe that!
At last, he is finally gaining strength and probably going to be released from the hospital tomorrow. I AM asking for cards. His address is Earl Collins, 3115 E. 144th Pl. S., Bixby, OK 74008. He has been very strong and fought very hard to get well. He is very weak and tired... Mostly from throwing up. I know that a note or card would mean a lot to him. It's kind of lonely being sick so far from "home".
Please pray for mom. She is doing just fine, but she is confused at why dad isn't here. She can't seem to remember he went the hospital. She has been to visit 2 times but comes home exhausted. Tomorrow will be a big day getting him home, so pray all my bases remain covered... so to speak.
Love to all,
Carol

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Carol,
This is Vickie! WE have lost touch and I miss you. I see that you and your family have moved. I found your blog a few weeks ago. I did not have your email so I will just comment here. I have been praying for you and your parents. I can't imagine how hard things are for you right now. I wanted to tell my sweet friend hello!
Blessings,
Vickie