Saturday, February 17, 2007

Anniversary - 44 Years!

Today we celebrated 44 years of marriage for my mom & dad. What a milestone! I am so blessed to have them for parents. I stand in awe of how fortunate I truly am.

I gave mom a bath and spa treatment. This included doing her hair. I have been letting her hair grow out, so I have more to work with when it comes to styling. I flipped up the ends, and it was the cutest it has ever been. Sean told her she was the cutest she's ever been since he met her. She just beamed and grinned ear to ear.

Late in the evening, I noticed she was out of the room, so I went to find her. She was looking in the mirror in her bathroom. I complemented her hair, and she smiled! She commented she was feeling kind of "teeter-ie" or unsteady. I took her to the living room to sit down. She started asking, "Now, where's my mother? Where's my mother?" I felt helpless to respond that my Grammy had passed away several years ago. She said, "Oh, I had forgotten that." She seemed okay and went on. Later I discovered, dad had neglected to give their morning medicines. I think that probably contributed to the confusion. I suppose I will just try more to keep a better check on him and those pill boxes.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary, Joy and Earl!
Love you Carol! I've been thinking of you a lot this am I hope you are well. Let's do McDonald's one day next week, okay?
XOXO
Nee Nee

Steph said...

Carol-

They look great...just like I remember them. What a great life they have had and what great memories they helped us create growing up. I'll always remember the sugar cookies.

Luv ya! Steph